We decided very last minute to take a trip to visit Nathaniel's parents in Needles. We invited my mom and my nephew Joe, packed up the car and went on our way. The drive wasn't too bad but when we got there we were overwhelmed by the blazing HEAT! It was 118 degrees. When Joe got out of the car he started swatting around his face like he was surrounded by bees but he was just trying to push away the heat, it was hilarious. My mom just keep saying "Oh no, these people are crazy for living here". I haven't been to Needles in the middle of summer in a couple of years and I guess I forgot how outrageously hot it can get. You literally feel like you are melting. Thank Goodness for AC! This was the trip where Jalen took his first steps and on a previous trip he sleep through the night there for the first time. Grandma Holly claims it because he feels at home in Needles and we should move there. So I checked the weather report there today and it's a whopping 123 degrees. Sorry Holly but there is no way in #@*% we are moving there anytime soon, love you though :) Kiss Kiss
It was really nice to take out our Kayak and play in the River all day.
Jalen was loving the River. He played in the water, rode on the Kayak, and dug in the sand. Instead of eating the sand he decided to eat rocks and shells instead. That kid kills me.
When in Rome!
One tired little guy.
We really had such a nice time with family and always love our trips to Needles. I just don't think we will be going out during summer until I forget about the heat again.
1 comment:
After reading this post I should no longer complain about this 80 something degree weather here in Cali. Over 100 degrees is way over too HOT for me. Sounds like you guys had a fun time with family. Always enjoyable! Happy Anniversary! WOW 4yrs. Time sure does fly when your having a blast with the person you LOVE. You guys are such a sweet couple and good friends too :)
Post a Comment