Saturday, July 18, 2009

Jalen's First Birthday Party!

Where did a year go?  I can't believe my little 3 pound baby is such a grown up little boy already.   This past year has been such a blessing to our family.  Jalen brings so much joy into our home and makes every day so special.  So for his special day we decided to through a beach party and invite our friends and family, which for us means 101 of the closest people to us.  That is no exaggeration we had 101 people RSVP!  Nathaniel comes from a HUGE family and we are blessed to have so many great friends.   I was really worried about the weather because the weeks leading up to it were really cold and then the forecast said it might RAIN!  I wanted to cry... rain, the party would be ruined.  Thankfully by some miracle it ended up being a beautiful day and the party was so much fun!   

Jalen was a little overwhelmed with so many people wanting to hold him and give him attention he became really clingy which is not like him.  After a while he relaxed a really enjoyed the rest of the day.  He of course had no idea it was his birthday but he loves the beach and enjoyed playing with friends and all his cousins.  We are so thankful to everyone who came and helped us celebrate Jalen's First Birthday.

Yummy Birthday Cake!

                                                       
                                                                Happy Birthday Sweetie!

Enjoying His Gifts!



Party Central


Can you say, "SPOILED"!



The winners of the sand castle building contest!


2 comments:

Heather said...

It was so much fun!! Thanks for having us! I'm glad it didn't rain! ;)

The Gillette's said...

I can't believe Jalen is walking already! Kids grow up way to fast. So when is he getting a little brother or sister? Lol! And yes he is very spoiled! :)