Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One Week In

This is a one week update from the previous post.  So if you haven't read that one yet scroll down and read that first.

Resolution #1 - I've lost four pounds, nine to go!

Resolution #2 - I haven't woken up on time once, I have a serious problem.

Resolution #3 - I worked out three times this week and I already feel like I have more energy.  I haven't started a book yet (still waiting for those suggestions), I am planning on getting a pedicure this week but for some reason feel guilty about it.

Well that's it.  I just wanted to track my progress and update the bloging world.  I still have a lot of work to do in order to reach my goals but I finally feel like I am taking them seriously, well except for #2.  That one may just be a permanent flaw.

7 comments:

Meagan said...

2 out of 3 aren't bad!!! I'm excited for you and your resolutions, I think you can always start them anytime in the year- not just at the beginning of a new one!
I'm sure as you find you have more energy the waking up earlier will just happen naturally- at least that is what is happening to me as I am running- I am now waking up at 7am on the dot....and I love sleeping so this isn't very fun!
A good book- The Hunger Games by Suzzane Collins- really loved this book couldn't put it down- Stephanie Meyer recommends it on her website so I don't think you can go wrong!
Good luck on week 2!!
We miss you guys and need to plan a night to hang out soon!!

Wyatt and Tara said...

I have been trying to get back into shape too, it is hard when kids take up most of my energy though. If you ever need a buddy to go exercise with, let me know! I wish I could help with a good book idea, but once again I don't have a lot of time to read either. Good for you for taking care of you! A happy healthy mom makes a happy healthy home, right?

Heather said...

Good job Janitsy!! I agree with Meagan 2 out of 3 isn't bad! :) And you shouldn't feel bad about getting yourself a pedicure - you deserve it!!! I cannot wait to firm up my saggy post pregnancy body, so I will be joining the resolution wagon soon too! And I agree with Meagan again, we really need to plan a night to hang out!! Let us know what works for you!

The Gray Family said...

good for you! It sounds like you are doing great. I always thought you looked fabulous, 13 extra pounds or not!!! A couple of my favorite books the past few months...."The Goose Girl" by Shannon Hale and "These is My Words" by Nancy Turner. Good luck!

Kyra said...

i am the same way about pedicures- but after their done i feel fabulous adn don't feel guilty anymore. good job on the goals! keep it up!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

4 pounds way to go and I wrote a long comment on your post below after reading this one and the one below so read it :)

Benjamin said...

Have you read anything by Sophie Kinsella? (Confessions of a Shopaholic, Etc.) Everything she writes is so funny and lighthearted.