Tuesday, May 26, 2009

We are so Ghetto!

I have been wanting to get Jalen's hair cut for a few weeks but every time Nathaniel would say he was going to cut it I would back out.  I don't know why I guess I thought he was too little or I was afraid he would look too grown up or to be honest I wasn't very confident in Nathaniel's hair cutting skills.  He cuts his own hair and our nephew Joe's hair but that's with clippers and he usually has at least one mistake.  But as you can see in the pictures below he REALLY needed a trim and we are having his picture taken this week so I finally caved and let Nathaniel do it. 



So Nathaniel started to get set up and I ran for the camera and my shoes.  Why my shoes you might ask?  Well I was going to go over to our neighbor's house to borrow their hair cutting scissors.  To my horror I walked into the living room and found Nathaniel starting to cut Jalen's hair with my Craft scissors.  I couldn't even believe my eyes!  I yelled, "What are you doing!"  He calmly (as always)  explained that those scissors would work just as good.  I thought I was going to lose it!  I am a little over protective, can you tell?  After a moment of going back and fourth I decided to calm down and let him proceed.  I mean it's just hair right?  It will grow back!  So I took a few deep breaths and captured the moment on tape.  Just to warn you the scissors look so huge next to Jalen's face they look like gardening tools!  We also had to put on his favorite show to distract him. 



I can totally laugh at it now but I was so nervous Nathaniel was going to take off one of his ears with those things.  As usual my husband was right and He did a really great job cutting Jalen's hair.  Thanks Babe!  See for yourself in the picture below.  


So I guess I should change the tittle of this blog to "We are so Ghetto... Fabulous!"


5 comments:

The Gray Family said...

they look so grown up when they get their hair cut! The first time I cut Brendan's hair I cried and cried (but that was mainly because I made him look like a fool...at least Nathan did a great job!)

Heather said...

Yeah Nathaniel is the Master!!! So cute! I love how nervous you were, I would be too! ;)

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Great job Nathaniel it looks great! Kipper is going to be our hair cutter of the family, I even think he may cut our girls hair :) Your little man looks super handsome!

Team Hansen said...

i got the whole salon set up over here now... clippers, scissors and a cape. Don't hesitate next time to come on over and avoid the nail clippers or whatever else is handy. Nathaniel did do a good job though!

The Gillette's said...

What a funny story. I feel you about not being so confident that our hubbys cut our boys hair. I totally felt the same way with Bart. I was nervous but now he is a pro ;-) Jalen was such a good boy when getting his haircut.