We decided to spend this beautiful Saturday at The Los Angeles Times Festival of Books. I have wanted to attend this event for some time but haven't had the chance. We went with some of our friends and my nephew Joe was also able to join us. He had such a great day and saw a lot of fun performances.
Joe and I
Jalen enjoying one of his new books
"DJ Lance Rock" & "Brobee" from "Yo Gabba Gabba" This is Jalen's favorite show. He gets so excited when we let him watch it. He starts dancing and clapping and nodding "yes" with his head. I was so excited for Jalen to watch them. We watched a few other performances and Jalen wasn't really interested but as soon as they came out he flipped his whole body around and started clapping. It was really fun to watch.
Jalen watching "Yo Gabba Gabba"
Us with "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". This book is celebrating 40 years in print and is the #1 selling children's book of all time. They sell a book every 30 seconds and have sold 30 million copies to date. This is one of my personal favorites.
Even though I already have two copies of this at the preschool and Jalen has the board book I still had to by the special 40th Anniversary Limited Edition copy!
"No, David!" is also a huge favorite of mine. This is such a perfect story for any mischievous little boy. It lets them know that even though they don't always behave and are constantly being told "N0!" that "Yes" you still love them! I bought two copies one for Jalen and one for Joe (and yes I also already have two other copies of this book at school) because the author David Shannon was signing books and I wanted a special copy for the boys. Right after we bought the books Joe and I went to get some lunch before standing in this huge line for the signing. Well Joe starts pointing at this man standing next to us in the food line and acting really strange. He just keeps saying, "It's him, it's him". I look over at the man and it's David Shannon. I tell him "We just bought your book" and he says, "Did you get it signed yet" and I say, "No, not yet" so he gets his pen out and signs them for us. He was so sweet and Joe was really excited. Joe said, "That's the first famous person I've ever met!"
I had to get this "Yo Gabba Gabba" book for Jalen. "Party in my Tummy" is his favorite song!
We had a wonderful day with family and friends and can't wait for next year.
4 comments:
Wow I never knew a book thing could be so fun but that is so cool! I am going to have to read that "No David" book, I need to get it for my niece Makenna, she is CRAZY!!!
Glad you had fun and got some books signed by the author, that is super cool!
That's so fun that Jalen was so interested in the show! It was a fun day!
I need to get Sean new books so I will definitely keep those in mind. Sean loves "The Hungry Caterpillar" and so do I...LOl..! Glad you guys had such a fun time.
sounds like you are a "hungry caterpillar' addict!
Post a Comment