Monday, April 13, 2009

Not your Average Spring Break cont...

For Spring Break we decided to go camping in the Walapie Mountains in Arizona.  We rented a cabin with Nathaniel's Family and some of our friends.  We were super excited to get away for a few days.  When we arrived to check in we were both wearing shorts, tee shirts and flip flops (common spring break attire).  Nathaniel gets out of the car and I can definitely  feel the cold chill in the air but nothing too outrages.  He walks up to the check in window and the women gives him this odd look and says, "You know there's a 30% chance of snow tonight right?"  NO of course not!  He just smiles and says, "Really?"  He gets back  in the car and we just give each other this look like "Oh oh", we didn't plan for snow at all!  But only a 30% chance that's not too bad, right?  So we drive up to the cabin, unload and then decide to explore.  We open the cabin door to go outside and... you guessed it- SNOW!  All we could do was laugh.  We had each brought one sweatshirt and hats so were somewhat o.k.  It only snowed the first day but it was really cold the entire time.  Because of the snow it was so beautiful up there and we really made the best of it.   The other thing that I wasn't anticipating were how many animals there would be.  I mean BIG animals like small herds of deer and elk and skunk.  None of them were shy either.  They walked right up to us.  The deer and elk came within 10 feet of us.  I felt like I was in a Disney movie with woodland creatures coming right up to me.  I have to tell you that it really freaked me out at first .  The video below demonstrates that very well.  This is when the deer were walking right up to us and you can hear the terror in my voice.  Nathaniel was trying so hard not to laugh at me and says "pretend you are in a petting zoo".  I love you honey! 

2 comments:

TARA said...

That is hilarious! Thats fun to get away to cold weather though. Hope you had a great Easter!

Heather said...

That is so crazy!!! It is like the crazy squirrels at central park in New York but a WHOLE lot bigger!!! Hilarious! What a fun Spring Break! The pic of Jalen on your header is SO ADORABLE by the way! We cannot wait to see you guys!