Monday, August 11, 2008

San Francisco


So last week we decided to crash Nathaniel's sister & brother's vacation. Tii and Jaymein were running in the San Francisco Marathon, Nathaniel was off work so we drove up and joined the fun. I was really concerned about how Jalen would do but he was such a trooper. He sleep most of the time and loved being carried around in the sling. Speaking of the sling, it was so funny how so many people had never seen one before. Everyone was staring at Nathaniel and whispering, "What does he have in there"...."Is that a baby"....No it can't be....It is, he has a baby in there". I felt like we had just invented the wheel.
Anyway, San Francisco was so fun. It was my first time there and I loved it. The architecture was beautiful, they had great shopping, China Town was fun & we had a great dinner there our last night. I loved that there was so much to do in walking distance and that the public transportation was really convenient. We went to the Museum of Modern Art and saw the Frida Kahlo exhibit, it was so amazing! The Ghirardelli Factory was yummy. We also made a stop at a local park to feed Jalen and they had a Jazz Concert going on. The weather was really beautiful our first day and then got progressively colder, a little too cold for a summer day but besides that it was a fun trip.

We did however miss the Marathon because it started at 5:00am and it was about 40 degrees outside so sorry Tii & Jay but thanks for letting us crash we had a blast!!!

5 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Sounds like it was way fun!!! I love little spur of the moment trips like that, they always seem to be the best times!!! I am glad it all went well with a baby on board! You should have posted pics with the sling. I wanna see it!

Heather said...

So fun! We loved san francisco too! Love the slideshow! Your family pics are the best! Jalen is such a cutie! Filling out so nicely!

The Woot-en Clan said...

Looks like a great first family vacation. I am so proud of you for going so far with the little one. He is getting so big and cuter by the day. I am glad you had fun in SF it is a lot of fun up there :) Miss seeing you guys!

The Gray Family said...

sounds like a fun trip! It's a bit different traveling with a baby, huh? Did you ever think you would have to pack so much stuff for a short little trip :>)

Anonymous said...

WOW!! SO FUN!! You look HOT!! Your hair is FABULOUSLY LONG!! ;) LOVE IT!! I have to say it's FUN to get out and explore some!! Glad you enjoyed yourselves!! You look VERY HAPPY!!! MISS YOU and I still need to give your GIFT!! SORRY!!!