Sunday, August 31, 2008

Destined to be together.....


Who could have known that while Janitsy was growing up on the beaches Puerto Rico and I was growing up on the river in Needles that we would be together today. I came across these pictures and thought they epitomize what true happiness is for me, family and fun with no shoes on. While we run about this way and that looking for satisfaction and joy, it's good to look back to a time I consider one of my happiest. A time when all I wanted was a pair of little shorts and a chance to swim all day in my Grandma's pond. I clearly wasn't worried about how I was dressed or what others thought of the way I looked(look at those knobby knees and wild hair) all that mattered was having fun. Those were the days! Sadly the pond has since dried up and I can't go around barefoot and shirtless nearly as much as I'd like to, but at least I have a friend who loves the things I love to do and is always ready to go with me. Love ya babe.
I have to thank my aunt Linda for always being there with her camera as we grew up to catch us with her expert eye.
(Janitsy about 10, her sister Angie, and Her brother Angel)
(Nathaniel about 9, my brothers Cory, and Terence,

5 comments:

The Gray Family said...

I love old pictures! What cute kids you were.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Love this post!!! Don't you just love looking back and finding pictures of you guys doing the same things as children! I love it! You have a beautiful family and are such a beautiful couple. I am happy I got to see you the other day and the CD is in the mail but with the holiday we will see when it gets there. I hope you liked how they turned out!

The Woot-en Clan said...

You guys were both so cute! Great pictures. Where are you in the last three pictures? It is really pretty. Hope all is going well:)

Heather said...

Love it! I think you are perfect for each other! Not only cause you are both so HOT! But because you guys love each other so much! It is great to see! :)

The Gillette's said...

This is such a cute story and glad that you guys found each other. I think you guys are a PERFECT match! I hope all is well with your family and hope we can hang out soon. Tomorrow I start the "mommy and me" classes so can't wait for that. Call me soon!