Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas Party


Sometimes I wonder if I have a death wish because I always seem to over look the fact that I can't always do what I want. I love to throw parties, all kinds of parties, from small get togethers to huge blow outs. During the holidays a like to get together with friends and celebrate the season. This year however I am very pregnant and have little to no energy but did that stop me, NO! I decided to have a small dinner party for 16, yes that is my idea of small :) Some of you may have attended the Thanksgiving party we hosted a couple years ago for 50! Yeah, it was crazy but so much fun!! Anyway, I thought that I could handle something this small unfortunately I was wrong and my husband was the one who had to pick up all the slack. The day of the party I spent the entire morning decorating and setting up and shopping for food. Right when it was time to start cooking I crashed! I could hardly move and needed a nap if I was to attend my own party. Thankfully I am married to the most wonderful man in the world who took it upon himself to cook EVERYTHING! By everything I mean, two turkeys, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, green beans, cranberry sauce, and the rolls. I felt so guilty! Even though he had warned me that it probably wasn't a good idea to have a party this year he never said "I told you so", he never even complained. I love Him!!!

As guest arrived and the night went on people started complementing me one the food, again guilt! I quickly redirected the compliments over to Nathaniel who completely out did himself. The food was terrific! We both enjoyed ourselves and were so thankful to have the opportunity to celebrate with such good friends.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kjelstrom Family said...

so beautiful! Your decor is beautiful! Let's hear it for fantastic husbands!!

The Gillette's said...

Thanks so much for having us! It was so much fun and Nathaniel did such a GREAT job on the food. It was very delicious! You are such a great party planner. The decor was so classy. You guys did an awesome job. :)

The Gray Family said...

great job on the collages there...glad you figured it out. Pretty easy, huh? Hooray for good husbands! Glad you had fun...I will ALWAYS remember the Thanksgiving dinner from a couple years ago and how impressed I was by you!