After 3 long weeks Jalen finally was released from the NICU. He weighed 5pounds 8ounces and was eating on his own. Even though I was sooo excited to finally have him home I was also pretty scared. He was still so little and I felt unprepared. Nathaniel and I would exchange nervous glances as the nurse went over all his at home care instructions. That first night I got zero sleep. I would get up at any little noise or movement he made. Between that the feedings and the pumping I was a zombie the next day. Not much there has changed I still feel like a zombie most of the time but I am getting use to it. The funny thing is that I thank God for it everyday. Becoming a mom s the best thing that has ever happened to me & I wouldn't trade it for anything!
The video is of me trying to get him dressed and ready to go home. It took me so long that we ran out of time on the video, but as you can see I finally got him dressed. Score one for the Rookie!


5 comments:
That video is so stinkin cute! His pants are SO BIG on him but it just makes it even cuter to look at. I am so happy to see that you are blogging again. I have been itching to talk with you and see how everything is going. Your little man is BEAUTIFUL as expected. I am so happy you have him home with you. That is wonderful!
Janisty he is soooooo cute! He has grown so much since we last saw the pictures. I am so happy that he has been released, so that he can be home with you guys. You're both going to awesome parents! Congratulations again!
Laura and Kevin
PS I have a blog www.thewootenclan.blogspot.com
He's already sucking his thumb! That is so cute!
:) I love these pics! So glad he is home with you now, you are already such a great mommy! :)
I am so happy you finally get to have your sweet baby home with you. Glad to hear he is doing so well. I can't imagine going through all of that. You will be forever blessed for surviving this. Jalen is so cute. It'll be so fun to see him grow. glad you're bloggin' again. Hang in there. Enjoy every moment, it goes SO fast!'
-Melissa
Post a Comment