It's almost 4 am and Jalen is sleeping soundly, not me. Janitsy and I have been going through pictures to put on the blog and I've been figuring out how the whole thing works. I have to say its pretty amazing not only what you can do graphically, but what is actually put on every one's blog conceptually. The more I look at every one's sites, the more I realize how little anyone , (or maybe only me), really knows about people we see on a regular basis. It's also interesting to me how willing people are to put their stories out there when they know they will be heard, or at least read. If we really know so little about our friends, how much less do we know about the hundreds of nameless faces we pass by everyday. What would the irritating lady in the grocery line hand writing a check to pay for ten dollars worth of stuff have on her blog? Pictures of her kids? Probably. A favorite movie, where she went on vacation? How about the guy asking for change on the congested freeway off ramp. What's his story, what's his blog about. If we knew they were pretty much like everyone else would they get on our nerves so much? I'd like to think not but who really knows.
If the most important thing in life is the relationships we create, then cheers to the blogger who invite us all into their experiences. Each picture is truly worth a thousand words and some are worth even more, especially the funny ones. Tomorrow I'll be thinking about what the strangers I see would have on their blog.......good night.
"Be not arrogant because of your knowledge. Take counsel with the ignorant as well a with the wise for the limits of knowledge in any field have never been set or reached. Wisdom is rarer than rubies, and yet can be found among those who gather at the grindstone."
-Ptah Hotep
5 comments:
I am so glad that you posted something new for me to read about. And wow Nathanial how insightful you are. :) But everything you said is so true, the next time I am behind the old women writing the $10 check I will think to myself "I wonder what is on her blog?" Or better yet does she even know what a blog is? Good to hear all is well!
:) Love it! This would have given me a lot of comfort last night as I was in the longest line just to RETURN a red box movie(have you heard of this yet? They have them at Albertsons, $1 a day! The draw back is the returning in the long line!) I did pretty well controlling myself as someone's kept bouncing all around me and running into me and watching 5 people ahead of me take FOREVER to choose a movie! My nasty cold and the need to puke almost made me give up, but I held in there and eventually got it returned! It would have gone faster if I was thinking what was on their blog though! :) Thanks Nathaniel! Miss you guys and we need to get together soon!
I like it, and I love the outlook on it! I am going to think in a Blog mindset from now on. When I have a lame table at work I am going to picture their blog and hopefully it will make me happy! Cool post!
Great thoughts.
dude, you crack me up. I think you need a new nick name.... maybe the poet.
Post a Comment