Ok, so this is a super long post with over 50 pictures! I know that's crazy but I scaled it down from 200 :) I just wanted to document everything! We had a great time celebrating Jalen's 3rd Birthday with a swashbuckling pirate adventure! Where to start...well let's start with the AMAZING cake made by a very talented women in our ward, Jennifer Nay.
The cake not only looked amazing but also tasted so freaking good. We usually have cake left over after parties and it usually ends up being thrown away because no one eats it but we ate every last piece of this one. Jalen is still asking if he can have some of the "pirate cake" for dessert and we are always sad to tell him it's all gone.
My friend Heather came over to help me make these cute pirate cake pops inspired by Bakerella. They were time consuming but I just love how they turned out.
These are the "gold doubloons" kids won as a prize for one of the games.
I made these chocolate candy lolly pops to put in their goody boxes. I didn't take a picture of theme but they were stuffed with the lolly pops, a pirate pencil, pirate stickers, a compass, a party blower and bubbles.
The Tattoo Parlor
The back yard
The center pieces! The tables had black table cloths, burlap running down the center, a pirate party sign, and coins, necklaces, jewels, shells, compasses, and telescopes.
This is the ridiculous pinata made by Rachel, a long time family friend. She always makes my boys a pinata for their birthdays and I have just loved them all. She is very talented and so generous. We love you Rachel!
Nathaniel made these boats for our water balloon fight. "The Black Pearl" vs "The Flying Dutchman" these were a huge hit!! Thanks babe you did such a great job!
This is the first time we had a "bounce", as Jalen refers to them, at a party. Jalen loved it! He was so excited when they were blowing it up. Jumpers are always his favorite thing at other kids parties I had to have one for him. He keep saying, "my bounce". It was so worth it and we got such a great deal through Fun For U Novelties. I highly recommend them!
Captain Jalen...
and his first mate, Chase!
How stinking cute are they. A huge Thanks to Alexia for letting us borrow the pirate costume that Jalen is wearing. It was perfect, ho looked so dang cute! Chase wore Jalen's old pirate costume and looked equally as adorable.
As the guest arrived the first thing they saw was this sign directing them to enter at the side of house
My mother made this awesome treasure chest for Jalen. I had no idea that she was making it, she not only surprised me by making it but also by how rad it turned out! Seriously, this thing is so cool! We ended up putting all the goody bags inside for the kids to take home.
This was the "X" that marked the spot to Jalen's party
A sign that I made for the front gate
This was the dress up table that greeted all the guest. The sign on the table reads, "All Pirates need... 1. Hat, 2. Eye patch, 3. Sash, 4. Treasure Map. All these items were on the table so that they could transform into PIRATES!!
Nathaniel and I even dressed up for the occasion :)
My hat was courtesy of Alexia, Thanks again!
Some of our awesome friends!!
The food table, my sister bought ALL the food for Jalen's party, I love you Sister :)
Grandma hard at work
A sword fight broke out between Captain Jalen of The Flying Dutchman & Captain Jack of the Black Pearl. So cute!
Kira's first Tattoo :)
Time to walk the plank, watch out for the Crocodile!!
My cutie pie Chase
The Birthday boy!
Enjoying the Party
Pinata Time!
Happy Birthday Jalen!!
High Five with Dad
Did I say how good the cake was, yummy!
Chase was in love with the crocodile :)
Good Times
The sweetest little pirate ever, Cousin Xavier!!
He had a great time celebrating with our family and friends and as you can see from my post I had a lot of help from so many people; including Jaymein, Michael, Joe, Heather and Nathaniel who all helped me set up before the party. Some say it takes a village to raise a child I say it takes a village to throw one of my parties :) Thanks everyone, Jalen is one lucky little boy!
9 comments:
So cute! You always do such a good job! Sorry we couldn't make it. Bruce woke up with a snotty nose. I hope to mail Jalens gift tomorrow.
Wow, quite the extravaganza! Looks fun!
It was so AWESOMEE!!!! Mitch is so into pirate stuff now, we love it!!
So darling! I love seeing pictures from all your little parties and get-togethers. Everything is in its place and so very cute!
I am super impressed what a fun party! And thanks for the update on your blog I didn't realize you had changed it. I just figured you hadn't updated in awhile (a LONG while, apparently!)
You are amazing! I hope some day your boys appreciate all you do for them. We can't wait to see you guys more often when we move to CA!
Is it possible for your parties to get even more extravagant with practice? YES! We are so bummed we had to miss out on the festivities, but are amazed (not really, more like amazed as expected) by the result. Great job!
You should definitely consider becoming a party planner. Great job! :) Hope you guys are doing well and enjoying your summer break.
Oh my gosh! What a fun Party! (Hope you don't mind, I saw your blog on Beth's - this is Poasa's sister) I may steal some of your pirate ideas some day :)
Post a Comment