Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mammoth Vacation


Back in March we took a little weekend trip to Mammoth with our friends the Hanson's. I have to admit that I was dreading everything about this trip. Chase was only six weeks old and taking him to the snow on a six hour drive was a little overwhelming. I knew Nathaniel was going to be snowboarding during the day so I would be alone to entertain both boys. We were also sharing a room with our friends and I just new that four kids under the age of three in one room was going to be a challenge.

I was very pleasantly surprised that the trip I was dreading turned out to be such a success. The kids did great on the drive and it wasn't as cold as I thought it was going to be and Robyn and I took the kids to an indoor playground at McDonald's and shopping until nap time. The guys were back by the time the kids woke up and then we would take the kids sledding and then out to dinner. Nathaniel had a great time snowboarding and Jalen had so much fun being in the snow for the first time. Chase did so well he just sleep most of the time and Mommy enjoyed spending some quality time with her family.


This is the view towards the back of our Explorer. It was packed to the rim. We took so much stuff and probably only used about half. Better safe then sorry I guess.


I went everywhere trying to find a snow suit for Chase but the smallest size they had were 3 to 6 months. I guess your not supposed to take newborns out in the snow but that didn't stop me he just had on a little extra padding :)


Our Family!


Jalen going sledding for the first time!


Having so much fun sledding with daddy. He wanted to do it over and over again.


My Beautiful Boys


Check out those huge gloves. His gloves were not doing the trick so I had to give him mine.


Making Snow Angels with his best buddy Stone


Daddy And Chase


We really had so much fun and can't wait for our next trip to Mammoth. Maybe next time Jalen will be old enough to hit the slopes with daddy :)


This is our little dare devil who wanted to go down the hill by himself.

2 comments:

Kjelstrom Family said...

You guys look like you had so much fun!! I have to say you are soooo brave to take your 6 week old! I'm so glad he did well!

Team Hansen said...

Have we been friends long enough that you can't spell our name right?! Huh, Janitzy!? It is HansEn for the record!