Sunday, February 1, 2009

I Can't Go On Like This!



This picture is pretty much how I am feeling lately.  My adorable little boy is getting his two bottom teeth.  He looks so grown up and cute when he smiles.  It's not so cute however when he bites me when I am nursing him.  He did it a couple of times early on and I immediately stopped nursing him and would say "No".  I thought that we had it under control because he hasn't done it in a couple of weeks but in the last 24 hours he has bitten me every time I have tried nursing him.  After he bites me I don't try nursing him I just pump and feed him from a bottle.  I don't know what to do.  I want to keep nursing him but I am scared every time he latches on.   If anyone has some advice please let me know.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh! I'm so sorry! Not fun! This probably won't be the nicest way to go and I don't know if I could do it to a cute little baby, but I've heard that giving them a little flick with your finger as you say no really sternly works... I know it is sad though! It will obviously upset him cause you need to be mad at him, but hopefully it will only take a few times and he will learn fast that biting is a no, no! Sorry Janitsy! No fun! Hopefully something will work!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I heard the same thing as Heather said is a good thing to do although I can not imagine how hard that would be to do to your kiddo but I hear it works???

The Gray Family said...

good luck....I tried everything I could think of, but Carson still bit me for months until I finally gave it up this past month. Biting is NO FUN!!!