Thursday, December 18, 2008

Six Months


Wow, six months!  It's so hard to believe that it was 1/2 a year ago that we had our little guy.  Time is going by so quickly.  We had his six month check up this morning and he now weights 16 pounds (75th percentile) and his height is 25 3/4" (80th percentile).  He had to get four shots which always makes me sad but he did really good this time.  He only cried for a second and then after holding him for a minute he calmed right down and was even smiling.  Usually I have to calm him down from hysterics and nurse him for a few minutes.  

Jalen is doing so well.  He is laughing all the time and discovers new sounds to make everyday.  We started him on solids this week so hopefully he will start sleeping through the night which he still doesn't do.   He had a little cold last week that made him so needy and clingy.  I had to cancel out on many plans I had but I was glad to do it.  He is feeling much better and getting back to his playful self.  We are looking forward to his first Christmas!

4 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

My goodness that is SUCH a cute picture of him. Glad to hear that he is over his little cold and that little man seriously is the cutest thing EVER and I can not believe how old he is too it seems like you just had him yesterday! WOW!!! He is so handsome!

Beth and Poasa said...

Yay! He is getting so big! What a cute little guy. So we got your christmas card, we love it. Thank you so much! We love you guys and we are so happy to hear that you little man is doing so well!

The Gillette's said...

Thank you so much for the cute Christmas card! You guys are such a cute little family. Sorry we couldn't get together for lunch but I hope we can plan for another day after this busy month. Take care and hope you also got our card we sent you. BTW...I can't believe how time flies. I remember when Jalen was just a little guy and was not even seating up ;-)

Heather said...

I can't believe how big he has gotten! He is such a little handsome guy! And he has gotten up there in the percentiles!! Is that on the normal chart too? I bet it is cause he really looks like a 6 month old baby now, there is no stopping him with those Anderson genes!! :)