Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Baby Jesus

So most of you know that I work part time at a Lutheran Preschool.  Well on Tuesday the Pastor of the church asked me if Jalen would be the baby Jesus for their Live Nativity Program the following night.  I thought it was really sweet of them to ask so I said yes.  We talked a little more and then he asked if I would be Mary, I was a little less excited about that but I said yes.  Just as we were ending the conversation and he was starting to walk away he turned back and asked if Nathaniel would be Joseph.  I told him I couldn't answer for Nathaniel but that I would ask him.  Nathaniel who is so nice said, "How can I say no, Jalen is Jesus and you are Mary of course I will be Joseph" (love that man).  

When we arrived that evening the Pastor took us aside and showed us our costumes and gave us our lines, yikes, we had no idea we had lines but again we just smiled and went along with the program.  It was really fun and we were glad we did it.  Jalen behaved so well and didn't make a peep the whole time.  The perfect baby Jesus! 


6 comments:

Team Hansen said...

How fun! Of course they asked Jalen to be Jesus! Is there a sweeter more peaceful baby on earth?!?!

Heather said...

Awww! Love it! We had a similar experience for the ward party and I had to ask Seth his permission too - do we know our men or what? He surprised me by saying yes as long as he didn't have to get on stage and that wasn't needed so we agreed. They just had us dress up... it was for the ward party and I think they maybe just wanted to laugh at us! :) We didn't do anything but look different, at least there were others dressed up! LOL! Your family makes the best Mary, Joseph and Jesus - so adorable!!

Janee said...

When you mentioned this on Sunday I thought, how perfect! Jalen is truly a little angel and you are a BEAUTIFUL Mary. Nathanial is a great Joseph too. What a fun experience!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That is so cool!!! That is also so sweet that Jalen was so good durring the thing, you make a beautiful little nativity family!

The Gray Family said...

that's so sweet! i love it!

Melissa said...

That is so sweet... what a great thing to document. Jalen is getting so big!!