Saturday, December 4, 2010

Picking our Christmas Tree


I start getting excited about decorating for Christmas in early November but I always make myself wait until after Thanksgiving. The first thing I want to do after Thanksgiving is go pick out our tree. We bundle up and pretend it's cold outside :) and head to our nearest tree lot. It's so fun watching the kids run in and out of the rows of trees. One of the things on my bucket list is to go to a tree farm and cut down our tree, yes tree huggers I said CUT it down ourselves. I buy a real tree every year anyway does it matter who cut it down? I think that would be so fun and something the kids would really remember.


Running around the trees



Smelling the trees. I love how he exaggerates and uses his whole body to smell it


Chase likes this one so I think we will take it home!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Guess what? I read an article around Christmas time that said that real trees are actually better for the environment. The fake trees are made of plastic, so manufacturing them and disposing of them is bad for the environment. And since real trees are grown by tree farmers, those trees are good for the environment because they plant and grow trees that wouldn't be there otherwise. We aren't like cutting down forests for christmas. Good news, right? I like real trees so much better.